Mushrooms and Green Beans with Sesame Seed Dressing
This easy and quick dish is packed with awesome flavor and it makes a great side dish or eaten as a meal. Feel free to experiment with other vegetables or ingredients such as spinach, broccoli, asparagus for a unique mushroom dish.
3 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups trimmed, halved green beans (about 5 oz)
salt and pepper
4 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Grind the sesame seeds in a mortar or buzz in a spice grinder (coffee grinder) until you have a slightly coarse powder. Set aside for now.
2. Bring a small pot of water to a boil and season it with some salt.
3. Add the green beans and mushrooms to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they're cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Drain the beans and mushrooms, immediately cool them with cold running water, and drain.
5. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, and reserved sesame powder in a bowl and stir mixture.
6. Add the mushrooms and green beans to the mixture and stir to coat well. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Mound them on a plate and serve.
7. This dish can be made and stored in the fridge a day ahead before usage. It can last up to 3-4 days.