Mushroom Marinara Sauce
Mushroom marinara sauce is great on pasta, pizza, meat loaf, and more. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
6-8 oz fresh mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small yellow onions (about 1/2 cups) finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
3-4 tbsp red wine
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sugar
salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil and sauté sliced mushrooms over medium heat until slightly browned.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté until softened.
3. Add chopped tomato along with tomato sauce.
4. Add red wine, Worcestershire sauce, dried oregano, basil, and sugar, then stir well to combine.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, simmer for 30-40 minutes depending on desired consistency.