Marinated mushrooms are simple, easy, and very useful. We like making a big batch and keep them in refrigerator. We add them to salad, sandwich, pasta dishes, or just eat them as they are. They are also great as a pizza topping. They are delicious, addictive, and satisfying.
4-6 oz fresh mushrooms, cut into pieces
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp wine vinegar (or balsamic)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
a pinch dried oregano, basil, black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
a pinch of sugar
1. In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté mushrooms over medium heat until slightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Once mushrooms are tender, remove from heat.
3. In a cup, combine the marinade mixture: olive oil, wine vinegar, garlic, dried oregano, basil, black pepper, salt and sugar. Mix until salt and sugar dissolves.
4. Once the mushrooms are cooled down a little, transfer to a jar or a container, and pour the oil mixture on top. Mix well, taste and add more salt or vinegar if needed. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. Marinated mushrooms are great on salad, pizza, pasta, bread, or by itself, enjoy!